Every bird owner should already know the basic care they should do in a daily basis, but just in case some of our readers are new to this here are a few basic things you need to do every day to keep your bird happy and healthy. If you find this tedious you should reconsider owning a bird, because if you do not do this, they will get sick and die, and if you never intended to give the love and care, they would be better off in the wild, in fact I do believe that birds should be set free at a point in their life(at the right place of course). So without further ado, the basic daily care needed by birds:
- To keep your bird healthy and well fed, mix cheaper and more expensive bird food together, allowing for volume, nutrition, and good taste.
- If there is still food in the bowl the next day, replace it with a fresh batch, as it means that your birds are not fond of it. (put it outside for other birds to feed on)
- Put leftover fruit hanging in the cage for the bird to nibble on. (Note: Avocados are poisonous to birds, so never feed it to them)
- Change it every day, as they often use it to bathe, and no matter how clean it looks, change it anyway.
- Hang a small cover above it to avoid bird droppings falling in it.
- Clean it every day.
- Change the paper you use to catch the droppings every day.
- Scrape the droppings stuck on the cage every day to avoid buildup.
These are the basics of keeping your bird healthy, but REMEMBER TO DO IT EVERY DAY.